This is a schedule of many archaeology and history events in the Peterborough area. Only some are organised by FRAG. Click a specific event for more details.
- This event has passed.
TRAINING – Geophys at Itter Park
17 October - 18 October
FANE ROAD ARCHAEOLOGY GROUP (FRAG) – GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY TRAINING 17-18 OCTOBER 2018
After the success of a similar training session last year we are returning to Itter Park to provide an opportunity to become more familiar with geophysical tools and techniques. Though primarily a training event the area being surveyed is close to the Roman Villa so has the potential to reveal clues about the landscape in which it was located.
Participants need to be FRAG members, or members of JigSaw affiliated groups who can confirm that they are covered by their own group’s insurance
The event is FREE for FRAG members
In order to participate download the application form. Scan or photo your completed form then email as indicated. Closing date for applications is 30 Sep 18. Places are limited and applications received from FRAG members before 9 Sep 18 will be given priority.
Itter Park, Itter Crescent, Peterborough. The survey area will be on the southern open space.
Dates & Times
Wednesday (17 Oct 18) – Thursday (18 Oct 18) from 9.00am to 4.00pm daily.
This is the second geophysical survey training to be undertaken on Itter Park and will follow a similar format to the previous session:
- Present a basic overview of geophysical resistivity survey procedures
- Acquaint participants with the survey equipment
- Teach the principles of setting out a geophysical survey grid
- Teach the principles of conducting a geophysical survey
- Provide a hands-on geophysical resistivity survey experience
- Provide an overview of the data handling soft ‘Snuffler’, data processing, and results interpretation and analysis; using examples from other surveys
FRAG – Geophysical Survey Training 17-18 Oct 18